Sunday, April 22, 2012

New Member of my Bike Fleet


 
If you just read my last blog posting, you might be thinking it was a spendy weekend, it was. Sigh! But when you find just what you're looking for, you can't procrastinate.

After work on Thursday, I went out to the sports store to check out their used bike selection. And there it was in the back, just the MT bike I was looking for. Why a mountain bike? Yes, it seems a bit decadent, after all how many bikes do I need. I have a road bike and my Wacker bike, but the gravel and forested trails around here make a mountain bike just too irresistible. Also, James and Ronan both have mountain bikes, so my having one will make family bike trips much more practical. I'll have a bike to match theirs, we can spend more time off road and I'll be more comfortable. So I've been keeping my eye out for an affordable used one in good condition. It's a Giant Yukon, several years old, but well taken care of. I'm probably not going to be doing hardcore stuff so it will suit my needs just fine.

After Dirndl shopping on Sat, I took the new bike (no didn't wear the Dirndl) out for it's maiden voyage. James and Ronan were out in the woods somewhere, so after a quick cell phone call, I went out to meet them on the dirt road where they were. As I approached, I saw James walking down the road in the distance, but what I didn't notice was the hunting shack on the left and when I got to it I heard a yell and the shots of a toy gun coming at me from above! Low and behold! I was ambushed by my son and the very toy gun we had bought him back during Fasching in the winter. Funny how these things come back to haunt you!

We all biked home together and stopped by the SV Wacker football stadium just in time to hear our local team tie the score 2:2 in the 86 minute. Unfortunately, we heard later that the other team, the Offenbach Kickers, scored again in the 89th minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment